Tufted/Rumpless Araucana White Pair PICS added PA

hinkjc

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
PA
I have a pair of white araucana to offer.

The pullet is tufted and rumpless with just a single rudimentary feather. She has yellow skin and two thick beautiful tufts. Hatched 7/21

The cockerel is clean faced and fully rumpless. He has yellow skin. Hatched 7/14

Both are hatched from white to white breeding parents, from blue eggs and have excellent white plumage. This pair would be an excellent breeding pair to start working with white araucana or to add to your existing flock.

I will try to get pics but it is raining right now, so maybe later today. I will also look them over later today to explain the pullet better, but I am sure pics would be helpful.

Asking $100, which includes Express shipping and box costs to the lower 48 states. If you would prefer pick up, $50 for the pair. Thanks for looking.

I will have more to offer, so if you're looking for anything in particular please let me know. I have a bunch of double tufted cockerels (similar to Sparky on my web site), but want to look them over before I start offering them.

Edited to add pics of the pair:
100_5806.jpg

You can see the pullet's single feather on her backside. (the roo in this pic is not for sale)

100_5804.jpg

Jody

Last edited:
Hey Jody --

I dunno if you have anything in the black/blue/splash range, but if you have any black or splash pullets (rumpless/tufted), I'd like to explore the possibilities with ya. Thanks!

I haven't found anyone yet willing to part with a nice black rumpless/tufted pullet
lol.png

Quote:
Don't tease me
tongue.png

Jody, Would love to see pics too
big_smile.png

(of course, only if it's not a bother)

Jody, sorry to threadjack, but if I bred the rumpless white chicks I hatched from eggs from you, since they are clean faced is there any chance of tufted chicks coming from them?

Thanks for the inquiries everyone. More birds coming up soon. The female is double tufted and rumpless, but does have a single rudimentary feather sticking out. The male is completely rumpless and clean faced.

Kristin - 2 clean faced cannot produce tufted chicks. One has to have tufts and even then, all chicks will not hatch tufted. I don't have any black tufted rumpless, but I do have a black tufted tailed hen that will be up for sale.

Ann - congrats on the black tufted rumpless. That is awesome!

Amazondoc - no blues this year as we're working on this breeding, but I will have some next year. Mine are large fowl and I believe you're working on bantams tho.

chicken stalker..pic added in my first post.

This is a beautiful young pair - I am just out of room and have selected my breeders for next year.

Jody

Yes, they are standard size. I am sorry but I cannot meet that far away. Between my job and the farm, it is almost impossible to get away. WB/Scranton is about an hour from us.

Jody

It would be a two hour trip (4hr round) for me. I reeaalllly like them but I think I am going to see whats available at the poultry show in Syracuse in 2 weeks. If I don't see anything up there and if they are still available, I'll take them.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom