Turbo at 1 month old today

zook

Chirping
6 Years
Sep 21, 2013
Nova Scotia, Canada
0.jpg

Here is Turbo, as you remember a month ago we were in a panic helping him hatch. At least we think him. Now a month old and out for a walk on the path to the barn. We took him for a big walk and he was a few steps behind "Mama" the whole time.Below chillin in front of the woodstove, and stopping in the kitchen. Its such a joy raising him/or her?
idunno.gif
Hope you all that followed his adventures so far like his pics.

0.jpg

Here is Turbo, as you remember a month ago we were in a panic helping him hatch. At least we think him. Now a month old and out for a walk on the path to the barn. We took him for a big walk and he was a few steps behind "Mama" the whole time.Below chillin in front of the woodstove, and stopping in the kitchen. Its such a joy raising him/or her?
idunno.gif
Hope you all that followed his adventures so far like his pics.

Isn't it amazing how much they change and your still in for some big changes before he gets his adult feathers. and he has grown so much. Love the video. How does he do on the slippery floor?

Isn't it amazing how much they change and your still in for some big changes before he gets his adult feathers. and he has grown so much. Love the video. How does he do on the slippery floor?
Miss Lydia, Does Turbo look like the drake features you'd expect. We think so. Also regardless he won't be all white. We really like colored Muscovy ducks better but have 2 white ducks and 1 white drake. Maybe more different colors in females for spring. We still have not taken Turbo into the barn yet. I'd like a month to go by with no heath issues before that. Today we have 120+ km hr winds and lost part of our barn roof.
somad.gif
But the bird stalls have wood roofs with tarps over them, so they are dry. Last year for that barn, have to build some new enclosures
barnie.gif
, bigger in size and closer to the house.

Miss Lydia, Does Turbo look like the drake features you'd expect. We think so. Also regardless he won't be all white. We really like colored Muscovy ducks better but have 2 white ducks and 1 white drake. Maybe more different colors in females for spring. We still have not taken Turbo into the barn yet. I'd like a month to go by with no heath issues before that. Today we have 120+ km hr winds and lost part of our barn roof.
somad.gif
But the bird stalls have wood roofs with tarps over them, so they are dry. Last year for that barn, have to build some new enclosures
barnie.gif
, bigger in size and closer to the house.
I'm sorry to hear about your barn goodness, I agree with you about putting Turbo out in the barn give him more time to get his immune system very strong. but get him outside like you have been doing so he is on the ground which helps build immune system. He is so cute and I do think he is a drake, I have 2 did have 3 solid white Muscovy's and I think that color is beautiful on them especially those blue eyes. But I do love all the colors they come in too. You do know when you put him out with the others there may be a problem with your adult drake and also the ducks, they may not accept him because they already have a leader[that's what I call them] I see it here where my youngest drake is getting pushed around but he can get as far away from everyone as he wants so no injuries. But come spring oh my goodness no telling what is going to happen with 3 drakes all at the prime of breeding age.
hide.gif
In other words be always ready to get Turbo out of any situation that may escalate into something serious. And I know you will.

Not opposed to thinning the group to just Turbo as the drake. There is only one drake out there now a white one and 2 females also white and 1 colored girl.
Yup the barn is in rough shape. Alot of damage around here. I have a hundred pieces of shingles to pick of my property and the neighbors. Can see an awful lot of sky from missing sections of roof (1/4 of the roof on one side) but the birds rooms are on the far side of the gaping hole and solid rooms with roofs so even with 4" of rain pouring through the roof no wet rooms. At peak yesterday we had near category 1 hurricane strength winds. Still lots of power out and wind is still raging. Crazy. At least I prepared unknowningly for this.

Turbo is such a suck. Never thought a duck would be as lovable as a dog.

Not opposed to thinning the group to just Turbo as the drake. There is only one drake out there now a white one and 2 females also white and 1 colored girl.
Yup the barn is in rough shape. Alot of damage around here. I have a hundred pieces of shingles to pick of my property and the neighbors. Can see an awful lot of sky from missing sections of roof (1/4 of the roof on one side) but the birds rooms are on the far side of the gaping hole and solid rooms with roofs so even with 4" of rain pouring through the roof no wet rooms. At peak yesterday we had near category 1 hurricane strength winds. Still lots of power out and wind is still raging. Crazy. At least I prepared unknowningly for this.

Turbo is such a suck. Never thought a duck would be as lovable as a dog.
My Muscovy drake that we raised inside, is still a loveable puppy dog, really when he was inside he slept in one of the dogs beds I have pics. We sure did enjoy having him inside for a while, but he is a happy boy with his 3 girls, but we can still walk up and pick him up and love on him. He doesn't even get embarrassed lol

Back
Top Bottom