Turbo fan kit VS a PC fan

If you are mechanically and electrically inclined in may save you a few bucks.

I know a little about both but choose to spend the $32 for the factory add-on.

Computer fans are usually 12-18Volt DC fans and don't blow to the sides the way
the LG or Hova fans do.

I've hatched well with out a fan, with a incubator fan, with a computer fan, and in a card board box... ok well, I was like 14 with the box hiding in a closet so that didn't go so well...

If you get a computer fan that pushes enough air and get it hooked up right, it will work, but if you don't really want to mess with wiring... going with the kit will be eaiser to do.

I went the pc fan route on my 3 incubators. It cost me just under $10 for each 3 speed pc fan at Office Depot and Staples.

It took asking a couple people in the chat room to figure out how to wire a 12v dc pc fan in a 110v ac incubator.

I found by frying a fan that ac and dc do not work well together!!

After talking with people in chat, I found out to use a couple old cordless phone plug/cords. I used two 12v and one 9v adapter/cord/plug.

The pc fan has 3 wires, white, red, black, the cordless phone ac adapter has a negative and positive wire.

I stripped the wires about 1/2 inch, connected the red to the positive, black to the negative, using wire nuts, and left white alone.

I plug them all in and they worked.

So, with one hour of work, some on hand junk, and $30 worth of pc fans. I was able to turn 3 still air incubators into incubators with fans, for the price of one factory built fan.

Last edited:
Cordless phones plug cords? Do you mean the power cord from a home cordless head set base or the wall charger for a cell phone? Thanks

Thanks, thats what I was thinking. I have a half doz different wall adaptors from various phones, games etc laying in a box.
wink.png

Last edited:
The PC fan works well if wired correctly. I have 4 60mm fans around the incubator and that thing pushes WAY more air flow than just once centered piece. In comparison in air flow, I think the four fans I have will push a WAY more efficient flow than the one that comes stock. My set up cost me $0. Go to PC stores, they sell those small fans for SOOO cheap...

Be careful to connect the wires right and be SAFE. False wireing will lead to fires!!!
barnie.gif

- Tommy

Back
Top Bottom