Turining

RhodeIslandReds

Songster
9 Years
Mar 5, 2010
fl
Well my egg turner has decided to stop rotating the eggs for me and I wont have the time to do it by hand. Will me not turning the egg give them a 0% hatch rate? Any info would help on this.

Thanks,
RIRs

depends on what point in development they are at... turning from days 4-15 (for chickens) is pretty important... even if you can only turn them once or twice a day it will increase your chances.

from my understanding..no turning of eggs will result in yholk sticking to shell..if chicks develope at all more then likey damaged chicks.....it really only takes a few seconds to hand turn..at least for me it does....i was given a non working turntable..i clipped off motor / wiring..thbere is a small handle i use to turn if using this..it just flips eggs from side to side..does nor completely turn eggs.. my hatch rate has dropped considerably if i use it..but also could just be bum eggs ??? else wise i handturn each egg...i had heard many years ago a hen turns her eggs 40++ times a day.

Put your eggs in a carton & prop them up against the wall of the bator & turn them 2 times a day, it doesn't take but a few seconds to do this, surely you got 1 minute a day.

Back
Top Bottom