Turining

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by RhodeIslandReds, Dec 30, 2010.

1. RhodeIslandReds

RhodeIslandReds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2010
    fl
    Well my egg turner has decided to stop rotating the eggs for me and I wont have the time to do it by hand. Will me not turning the egg give them a 0% hatch rate? Any info would help on this.

Thanks,
    RIRs

2. geosheets

geosheets Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2009
    Ohio
    depends on what point in development they are at... turning from days 4-15 (for chickens) is pretty important... even if you can only turn them once or twice a day it will increase your chances.

3. soap&eggs

soap&eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    from my understanding..no turning of eggs will result in yholk sticking to shell..if chicks develope at all more then likey damaged chicks.....it really only takes a few seconds to hand turn..at least for me it does....i was given a non working turntable..i clipped off motor / wiring..thbere is a small handle i use to turn if using this..it just flips eggs from side to side..does nor completely turn eggs.. my hatch rate has dropped considerably if i use it..but also could just be bum eggs ??? else wise i handturn each egg...i had heard many years ago a hen turns her eggs 40++ times a day.

4. rebel yell

rebel yell Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2010
    Alabama
    Put your eggs in a carton & prop them up against the wall of the bator & turn them 2 times a day, it doesn't take but a few seconds to do this, surely you got 1 minute a day.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by