Turken hen or rooster ?

lvmychicklets

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 30, 2013
I inhereted a turken but not sure if i have a hen or roo ?
Thanks for any help !

so we got like 14 first runs in april time frame and they are getting big so how do you sex them they all look the same to me...maybe i got all roos not sure first time with these unique creatures....do they ever make a sound? please email me i need some clarification and what time is good for harvesting them >

thanks Denise

so we got like 14 first runs in april time frame and they are getting big so how do you sex them they all look the same to me...maybe i got all roos not sure first time with these unique creatures....do they ever make a sound? please email me i need some clarification and what time is good for harvesting them >

thanks Denise
If you have pictures we can help ya, usually by now they should be laying or crowing, but pictures will surely help us be able to tell what you have.

I have also inherited a Turken, thought it was a hen, but noticed 1 1/2 inch spurs on it. Hen or rooster? Haven't heard a crow yet...
This bird looks to be a hen, can you get a better pic? I don't know why none of the pics are enlarging lately, but I can't see detail well enough to be sure. How old is it?

Spurs aren't a good indicator of gender as hens can grow some wicked spurs, and some roosters don't get hardly any until over a year old.

Back
Top Bottom