Turken Mutts?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by TomMN1, Jan 9, 2011.

1. TomMN1

TomMN1 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 3, 2010
    Inver Grove Heights
    Hi there,

I acquired a couple of turkens this weekend. I think they may be purebred, but I'm not familiar enough with the breed to know for sure. The guy I got them from let all his breeds inter-mingle, so there's not telling which roo got to the girls. Opinions?

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Crickett B

Crickett B Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2010
    Blue Ridge Mountains
    I really like that dark one!
    I have one, but she is a light golden brown color. Ugliest thing I have ever laid eyes on, which is why I got her in the first place [​IMG]

3. FarmerBoy24

FarmerBoy24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Moreno Valley Ca
    For Sure!!! They Are Turken Mutts!!!!

4. TomMN1

TomMN1 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 3, 2010
    Inver Grove Heights
    Any clue as to what they might be mixed with? Here's what I was told was in the flock for roosters - turkens, brahma, chanticler, holland, leghorn.

They've got a really nice personality. Very calm and docile. They don't shy away when I change their food/water. Are okay with being picked up. They seem indifferent to the dogs' attention/barking at them.

5. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Definite mutts. True Turkens should only come in solid colors like golden, black, and white.

The parents are likely Leghorn and something else, not on the list though. Brahmas pass on feathered shanks and pea combs. Chanteclers pass on rose combs. Hollands pass on barring.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by