TURKENS! Do you have "laced" ones?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by gritsar, Jul 27, 2010.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    And if so, could you please post pics?

I have four 7 week old turkens (wish I had ordered more!). Sexed as pullets, I ended up with a cockerel. He is multi-colored. The pullets - a buff, a red and a black - are all laced; including their bowties. The buff and the red have black lacing, the black one has gold lacing. I think she is very pretty, exceptional. I'm really curious as to what she will look like as an adult.

Also, what is the personality of a turken roo?

TIA [​IMG]

2. Campine Lover

Campine Lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Moss Beach, CA
    I had a turken roo called Snickerdoodle, and he was really sweet and kept the hens safe.

3. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Thanks. I think I am going to have to play a wait and see game regarding my cockerels. I have way too many. Besides the turken I also have a possible silkie roo, plus five of the meaties. Not counting my adult flock that will be 7 roos to 24 hens, but the meaties are really slow. I've watched them try to mate but they usually end up falling on their faces. There's a chance that not all the meaties will make it to adulthood, so I don't want to cull too early.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by