Turkens in Portland, Oregon?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by duckduckturkey, Jun 21, 2011.

1. duckduckturkey

duckduckturkey Out Of The Brooder

Jun 21, 2011
    Hi!

I've caught the chicken bug, or virus or whatever. I've been chicky sitting for the neighbors and now I want chickens for my very own. Flipping through the chicken books from the library, I'm thinking I like Turkens. I don't like mail order. Anyone raising them local to Portland, Oregon ?

Thanks!

Ducky

2. N&MSchroeder

N&MSchroeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2011
    SE Idaho
    Hi and [​IMG] I have Turkens and absolutely love them! [​IMG] I am sure that someone has Turkens in your area. Why don't you ask this question on the Naked Neck thread (another name for Turkens) in this same section. [​IMG] There are some great photos there!

3. Sorry! Portland Oregon and Lake Oswego and Beaverton, Salem, Eugene/Springfield all have laws against any and all UGLY chickens.

Just kidding! I know, my son just slapped me for reading this outloud and said I should never say this on BYC. But seriously, people actually love these Turkens???

Good luck in your search for Naked Necks. Even I wish you the best.

4. Oh, and I forgot.

GO DUCKS!

5. duckduckturkey

duckduckturkey Out Of The Brooder

Jun 21, 2011
    Quote:Okay, I could believe Lake Oswego having laws against ugly chickens, they probably have laws against ugly chicken farmers, but Eugene? Ha! Thanks for the laugh!

Ducky

6. LoreenH

LoreenH Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2009
    Oregon
    Quote:The Urban Farm Store in SE Portland had some in the early spring.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by