Turkens...naked necks.

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by pgpoultry, Aug 8, 2010.

1. pgpoultry

pgpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2009
    Wales
    We suffered a fox attack a couple of days ago and whilst I was mourning the loss of my spoilt hens my daughter ordered me (without my knowledge) a couple of Naked Necks.

Now, I am not familiar with them and would like to know from anyone who owns them what if anything I need to do with them that I would not do with my Brahmas, warrens etc.

Are they easy to keep?

Thanks ....oh and my daughter ordered them as they originated in Transylvania and she thought their looks were enough to scare the fox!

Sandie

2. mama2many

mama2many Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    They are very sweet. My son has one, she is a sweety. I haven't treated her any different than my others. I've got a crazy mix of a little of everything and she just blends right in. Well as much as she can.....lol. She is kinda strange looking and my husband thought she had mange when she arrived.

3. jarcoo0153

jarcoo0153 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2010
    Levelland, Texas
    I ordered 3 about 3 years ago, and love them so much I ordered 5 more this year the only problem I have run into is that when the rooster mates with her, he has nothing to hold on to. so mine ended up with a hole in her neck, but it heald up fine! I am also impressed with their eggs, they sre great layers of a large brown egg! I think you will end up like her a lot!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by