Turkens with green legs!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by plfreitag, May 9, 2008.

1. plfreitag

plfreitag Out Of The Brooder

Jun 28, 2007
    wright city mo
    We got some pullets from Cackle 4 weeks ago.

15 Turkens
    10 Ameraucana
    5 White Wyandotte
    and, as a bonus because we drove to get them and somehow they had been shipped -
    5 Cuckoo Marans
    1 mystery chick we think might be a Partridge Rock but we're still not sure

Anyhow, a few days ago I started noticing some of the Ameraucana chicks are getting darker green legs. A few still have yellow legs, some have a light slate green, and others have dark legs.

The Marans are getting the dark areas on the front of their legs now almost in stripes and it's filling in more and more.

Then, yesterday when I was hanging out watching the babies, I noticed that at least 2-3 of the Turkens have light green legs! [​IMG]

What the heck? I'm not sure about this! [​IMG]

I know they're Turkens. They have the neck thing going on and are cute as buttons. They've gone from fluff to feathers on the neck, ranging from a puff of feathers to only one or two. They're getting the head cap feathers now, too.

But they sure enough have green legs! [​IMG]

I don't understand...maybe an Ameraucana roo snuck in there one night...

It's certainly interesting, though.

I just can't wait to see what color eggs they lay.

A somewhat confused Trisha in MO

2. Renegade

Renegade Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2007
    Griffin, GA
    Hi Trisha,I have 24 Turkens that are 10 wks old and a few of mine also have pale green legs. I thought it was strange as well. Maybe we can compare notes as they get older and see how they grow out.

Donna

Last edited: May 9, 2008
  3. perfectly_polish

perfectly_polish Overrun With Chickens

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    I have a 2 1/2 month old turken and he also has light green/yellowish legs as well. Maybe it's a breed trait? I got him from MMH.

4. dfunnyfarm

dfunnyfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    ks
    I got 5 turkens from the feed store and 1 has pale green/blue legs. They sure are neat.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by