turkens

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by hensplease, Jun 19, 2009.

1. hensplease

hensplease Songster

May 9, 2009
    san diego
    i need info about them like eggs size and etc i just got my first one

2. gway2008

gway2008 Songster

Jun 10, 2009
    Welcome to the Naked Neck fans, lol... I brought 3 home from the feed store because they had been there for over 4 weeks and nobody wanted them. I felt so sorry for those ugly little things, lol. I have since just fallen in love with my girls. They are super sweet and very calm and seem to get along with everyone. Anyway, I found this and I think it might have at least some of the info you are looking for. http://www.mypetchicken.com/Naked_Neck__Turken_-B107.aspx

I
    was told they are excellent layers but will get broody. Mine are about 6 weeks old now and are getting feathers around their bottom side that look like a skirt, it is just too cute.

You got any pics of yours? [​IMG]

3. chickenbottom

chickenbottom Songster

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    i love turkens they are just the cutest

4. hensplease

hensplease Songster

May 9, 2009
    san diego
    i just got it the feed store said its5 weeks im goin back to probly get 2 more today cause i bought a naked neck and a silky for 5 bucks each ill post pics later

5. hensplease

hensplease Songster

May 9, 2009
    san diego
    BUMP:D[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. jbowen9

jbowen9 Songster

Apr 10, 2009
    southwest Virginia
    Big brown eggs great winter layers and will lay alot of eggs for you not to mention great to eat and very easy going chickens

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: