Turken's

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by countryduncometatown, Jul 22, 2011.

1. countryduncometatown

countryduncometatown Out Of The Brooder

Jul 15, 2011
    Wanting some Naked Neck's real bad! Who can help me learn about them before I just jump out there and get chicks? Experienced Naked Neck owners will be ideal but all experience is welcome! Thanks for sharing![​IMG]

2. leadwolf1

leadwolf1 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    Well, I wouldn't say I am really experienced but what I can say is that I love my NNs [​IMG] I purchased 4 from the local feed store 13 weeks ago as a 'gag' gift for my daughter for Mother's Day...went back less than a week later for 3 more cause no way was she getting those original babies!!!! My sons and I fell in love!! They are the sweetest, most easy going chickens [​IMG] So, when I found out that my four were all girls, I set out to look for a man for them. Flew, yes flew, up to NY where I picked up Charlie [​IMG] I love my NNs and would have more if I could. Hopefully, next Spring, I will have a bunch of little NN babies running around [​IMG]

Here is my 16 year old with his favorite....

[​IMG]

Here is my favorite....

[​IMG]

And, here's Charlie (named after Charles Linburgh)....

[​IMG]

Turkens are wonderful [​IMG]

3. countryduncometatown

countryduncometatown Out Of The Brooder

Jul 15, 2011
    Quote:Wow great pictures! I hadn'y seen any as bright in color as those! Thank you very much [​IMG]

4. Nava

Nava I Got The Naked Neck Blues

Aug 2, 2009
    Ocala Fl
    NN's are my favorite breed, I can't say enough about them, but do your research and if you like them and want some PM me if you want some day old chicks, I got splash,black,blue
    see my page for more pics here are some

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Connorrm

Connorrm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    Capital District, NY
    What are their egg/broodyness/friendliness like?

6. Nava

Aug 2, 2009
    Ocala Fl
    mine lay really good year round, we get really hot here in fl and in the cold it gets down to the teens some times and my girls are always laying, and broodiness? well mine NN have gone broddy just as much as my Orps.
    [​IMG]

7. Momagain1

Momagain1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Central IL
    I love my NN!!!

We will have to post a pic of Mr. The King (roo) tomorrow...my hens are as gentle as they come....they lay great brown eggs..almost 1 a day!! they were my FIRST hens to start laying at about 19 wks...

we are 105 degree heat and we still get eggs from them...they are FANTASTIC in the heat and great in the cold!!!

8. leadwolf1

May 1, 2011
    Oh man, I would love to have a blue pullet [​IMG] What a beautiful bird....

9. Nava

Aug 2, 2009
    Ocala Fl
    Quote:Thanks, but my favorite is this one the one in front dark blue
    [​IMG]

10. leadwolf1

May 1, 2011
    Beautiful birds and a flock of NNs, I just love it [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by