1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Turkens

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by sargent spurs, Mar 13, 2012.

1. sargent spurs

sargent spurs Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2011
    VA
    I am buying chicks [​IMG] this month I am going to get 5 buff Orpingtons, 5 rode-island reds, hatch 5 Red rocks, buy 1 Aracauna, and 8 Turkens also called naked necks, but the Turkens are a strate run and I want hens, so does anybody know how to tell them apart.
    Also they come in at the feed store different weeks so can I keep them all together at the same temperature or do I have to move them.

2. Nava

Nava I Got The Naked Neck Blues

Aug 2, 2009
    Ocala Fl
    don't know how to sex them but if you want just females I suggest get them from a hatchery where they do the sexing.

Temperature

Usually if I have to put chicks together from different weeks I just do it, just make sure they have a big enough brooder so that if the older ones get hot they can move away from the light.

Nava Loves Turkens

3. sargent spurs

sargent spurs Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2011
    VA
    No, I mean I am getting the Turkens from the feed store and they come in straight run and I want to know how to tell hens and roosters apart. Thanks about the temperature that was very helpful.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by