Turkens?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by debilorrah, Sep 2, 2008.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

We have discovered that the naked necked little thing running around our coop annoying all the other hens is a Turken. Does anyone know anything about them? Do they lay well? She is younger than the rest so I attribute her behavior to being a teenager.....

2. mtnnana

mtnnana Out Of The Brooder

Jun 8, 2008
    new mexico
    naked neck turkens are med to large egg layers and lay about 180 eggs a year, i think. i have 20 hens that are just 16 weeks old. they are very social and all want to be petted. also have 5 roos. am rehoming 2 of them this week, i hope.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2008
  3. debilorrah

I thought ours had just been pecked bald. HAHAHA! But she is a feisty little thing. Probably about 16-18 weeks. Funny lookin.

4. CrimsonTide248

CrimsonTide248 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2008
    Bay Minette
    We have two that are 14 weeks old. They are a little on the aggressive side to our other birds, but are fun to watch. They are really neat birds and have been great conversation pieces.

5. mtnnana

mtnnana Out Of The Brooder

Jun 8, 2008
    new mexico
    and they really can fly. ours are setting on their nests, but aren't laying yet. the naked neck is genetic. what color is she?

6. debilorrah

Her outer feathers are buff colored and she has white underneath. Big poofy body and a skinny red neck. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by