Turkey and Guinea Fowl Behaviors

centrarchid

Crossing the Road
14 Years
Sep 19, 2009
Holts Summit, Missouri
Recently we purchased from a Cackle Hatchery two lavendor Guinea fowl and six Spanish black turkey chicks / poults. My intent is to see if they can be trained like chickens. Comparison of behaviors with similar aged chickens are proving interesting. Currently, the focus is on getting the dogs and the new you birds to get along. Dogs clearly know these birds are different from their chickens.

Recently we purchased from a Cackle Hatchery two lavendor Guinea fowl and six Spanish black turkey chicks / poults. My intent is to see if they can be trained like chickens. Comparison of behaviors with similar aged chickens are proving interesting. Currently, the focus is on getting the dogs and the new you birds to get along. Dogs clearly know these birds are different from their chickens.
That sounds like an fun experiment. I'll be interested to see the update.

Any updates?

Back
Top Bottom