Turkey Attacks Mail Truck, Cape Cod

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by greenfamilyfarms, Jan 28, 2011.

1. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    "For some reason a wild turkey has been attacking a mail truck in a Centerville neighborhood. Check out this fowl footage of the mad bird in action. Video by Eric Williams. Copyright 2011 Cape Cod Times, all rights reserved."

The turkey tom follows the mail truck around the neighborhood as he delivers mail. [​IMG]

2. Lifesong Farm

Lifesong Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2010
    Noble County
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Hopefully the crazy boy doesn't get hurt or hurt anyone. He is big!

3. Pinky

Pinky Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    South GA
    Now that's a big turkey!

4. Brindlebtch

Brindlebtch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2009
    Texas
    When I was flying we used to have a pair of prairie chickens that nested near the runway. The male would chase the little planes until he was caught in a propeller. [​IMG]

5. swift4me

swift4me Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2010
    in the Pyrenees
    It's the hubcaps. I've been an avid turkey hunter for years, and have seen it so many times. It seems early for the breeding season, but I've also noticed over the years that "urbanized" or "suburbanized" turkeys have an increased length of breeding behavior. At sometime in that turkey's life, he had a fight with himself in the hubcap of a car or truck, and he never forgot it. I'm sure many of you have had a rooster fight with himself in a mirror.

We all love our birds, but remember they were the next stop on the train after the reptiles.

Pete

6. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    I don't think that the outcome of this behavior is going to be positive.[​IMG]

7. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    I live on Cape Cod and that was the front page story yesterday. Very cool. I don't think it will end badly on purpose, just maybe if the turkey threw himself in front of something moving.

Last year, a turkey set up shop at a local police station and liked to attack the parked cruisers. As far as I know, the turkey is still around.

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    A turkey was doing the same at one of the toll booths on the NJ Turnpike. They killed him.[​IMG]

9. jasonm11

jasonm11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    tioga tx
    Quote:Airplane food is the best! [​IMG] poor chicken little, e ticket ride to the big hen house in the sky [​IMG]

10. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    I had a tom turkey that attacked the riding lawnmower. There was no reflection for him to fight with. From there he graduated to chasing cars and trucks. Most people in the neighborhood slowed down, but all it took was one speed demon and my tom was a road bump. I guess some would call me irresponsible for not putting him in a cage, but he was one darn happy turkey.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by