Turkey chicks wont shut up

Deleon98

Songster
Dec 26, 2015
Florida
I got them at a week and a half and theyre now about two weeks. They tweet all and more noticeably all night. I doubt theyre cold because the second i walk over there they shut up and when i walk away they start up again after some seconds of silence. I should be sleeping by now (its 1:35 am) but i can even here them into the next room. Help me lol :barnie

You think this is annoying wait until they are allowed to start walking around and start following you everywhere....
For me filling up my feeder and the having baby chicks around made them really quiet
Try fulfilling their feeder waterer and make sure the heat is close enough for them to feel the warmth.
Goodluck... Turkeys get annoying

Yea they are really annoying but i love them XD theyre not thanksgiving dinner so theyll be around for a while.

I havent really noticed a difference in the eating patterns bw chickens and turkeys but i think turkeys are a little more cuter as chicks.

Haha yea but i meant to say cuter than chickens as chicks ...my bad :)
Anyway here are my two little sleep depriving turkey children Nemo and Lapis (Nemos got the wacked out foot....i rlly dont know what happened with it)

None of these photos show it but it looks like One of nemos toes is falling off. The nails on it and another did.

If they are still keeping you awake you can try the Heating pad trick. Maybe it would have to be a taller cave to put the heating pad over since they are turkeys :) I just used it on 2 wild type turkeys and it's worked great on single quail chicks and chickens.

If you are not familiar with the post on Mamma heating pad, you just take some hardware cloth or mesh and bend it into a cave shape(upside down U shape). Put a cheap heating pad on top and a towel or something over that to keep the pad clean. You want the cheap heating pads because they do not have a timer shut off on them like the more expensive ones do. I found mine at a dollar store for $10. There are also heating pads made just for chick brooding but I do not know the exact name of them. The chicks feel secure under the little cave as if under their mom's wing. And it's nice and warm, so you can turn off the light at night and both you and the chicks will get a full nights sleep. MHP is really a amazing thing for noisy chicks of all sorts. Credit to @Blooie for the original post.

Mine were crying at night too. I found that covering it up with a towel helped them go to sleep. Maybe it helped them feel less exposed. Mine are in a wire dog crate though so that's easier to cover.

Have you checked the actual temperature? They could actually be hot or cold but quieting down when you come in so as not to alert a predator of their location.

Back
Top Bottom