Turkey Chicks

Normy84

In the Brooder
Oct 25, 2020
I have some Turkeys I got last spring that have just started laying. I plan on selling chicks. I bought these as day olds and never had any issue. A lady who was interested asked if I would be keeping them a month before selling as Turkey chicks are know to pass in the first month. Any truth to this based on my experience I would say No!

I have some Turkeys I got last spring that have just started laying. I plan on selling chicks. I bought these as day olds and never had any issue. A lady who was interested asked if I would be keeping them a month before selling as Turkey chicks are know to pass in the first month. Any truth to this based on my experience I would say No!
I never lost any of mine before a month in brooders when they shipped and the only ones I lost under broodies were predators

My Dad always said raising turkeys was problematical. I have never had any so can't elaborate further but might try some as a retirement project some day.

Young turkeys are called poults, not chicks. :) If you WANT to raise them for a month before selling them, charge more! I would also tell her that! YOU taking the risk, time and money to care for them for a month shouldNOT be "free".

Back
Top Bottom