1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Turkey clutches?

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by Blisschick, May 4, 2007.

1. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas
    How many clutches of eggs will a turkey usually hatch per year? 1 or 2? This is my first year with adult turkeys, so I'm kind of ignorant on this point.

2. bobbieguyette

bobbieguyette Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    If you want them to sit and hatch them I set i dont let my ladies here sit and hatch them and they will lay right up till late fall usually a clutch before she decides to go brooky on you and hatch them is anywhere from 7-10 eggs Hope this helps i go and take my eggs and keep em laying and hatch the babies myself i find they are much friendlier that way .

3. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas
    She's already hatched a clutch, but the babies are a good size now, and I didn't know if she might try to sit again. If not, no big deal. I am concerned because my other hen went off and hid her nest, and has not come back yet. I expected to see her this week, but nothing so far...I'm hoping nothing got to her.[​IMG]

4. bobbieguyette

bobbieguyette Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    I hope your missing hen comes home with some new babies for you:D

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by