Turkey Dance

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by FlaDude, Feb 21, 2011.

1. FlaDude

FlaDude New Egg

Feb 21, 2011
    We had a turkey walk up to the house yesterday? Its a tom royal palm and very friendly. But when we pet it then it starts to "dance" around fluttering back and forth on his feet with his wings touching the ground and kind of crouched down. Does anyone know what he is doing? A "turkey pur", mating dance, about to attack me dance, convulsion....

(Sorry - tried to attach a pic of the tom but since i'm new i can't)

Thanks,
    Steve

2. mbnewby

mbnewby Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2010
    sounds like he is strutting was i the color of top of head blue or red red indiactes he is made

3. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    He wants to breed your foot. [​IMG]

4. teresa-78

teresa-78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2010
    England
    Quote:haha my royal palm does this to anything that moves, he just wants to be "Friendly" excuse the pun [​IMG]

ETA:- I also think it is a ritual dance [​IMG] (Lady turkeys appear)... seeing as I only have him and no ladies lol

Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
  5. corn pecker

corn pecker Out Of The Brooder

Jan 31, 2011
    Polk City,Fl
    [​IMG] we're assuming from your name you are from Florida. We are in Central Fl. what about you? Are you gonna keep him?

6. pamela720

pamela720 New Egg

Jul 19, 2009
    I have a Burbon Red Tom that does that also, he follows me everywhere, even if I am riding my horse around the yard, follows me like a dog. We just love him though, he will wander into the house an open car door etc..[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by