Turkey Day Disasters...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Camelot Farms, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

I'll go first.

Cleaned my bird, preheated my oven, buttered him up, salted and peppered him, opened the drawer to grab a cooking bag, *NO COOKING BAG*.

So I will be throwing on some clothes in 10 minutes and heading to the market in hopes that they are not sold out.

GAH!!!!!

2. babylady4

babylady4 Mother Goose

Mar 30, 2009
    Central WI
    If you coat your pan with a light coating of oil, the pan cleans up pretty quickly when you are done. If you cover the breast with foil during the first half hour or so you will keep the meat moist too.

My DD decided to lock my MIL's oven with the turkey still in there. The oven went into cleaning mode and would not open until it cooled down enough... I think dinner was about an hour later that year......

3. DuckLady

DuckLady Previously DuckLady! Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    When I was a kid, a friend of my dad went to transfer the turkey to a big cutting board to slice. He misjudged where the board was sitting on the table and it tipped off and the turkey hit the floor.

I still remember the slo-mo replay.

He served it to us anyway. [​IMG]

4. chickenannie

chickenannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    [​IMG]
    I bet that happens more often than you'd think!!

5. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    my first turkey i was so proud, tasted awesome and then my friend started laughing so hard. i was like,'what u laughing at fool?" he said, "The bag inside the turkey snapperhead"

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH you take that out, yuck i ain't touching that!! i was 19 at the time and yes i burned the rolls~

Last edited: Nov 26, 2009
  6. Mrs. Turbo

Mrs. Turbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2009
    ky
    I never use a bag.....just coat with some oil and seasonings baste the turkey every 45 min......and lay a piece of foil on the turkey for the first 2 hours so it doesn't brown too much. 350* 21 lbs turkey will take about 6 1/2 hours

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by