Turkey Duck Crosses?????

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Run-A-Muck Ranch, May 7, 2009.

1. Run-A-Muck Ranch

Run-A-Muck Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Is this possible????

I tried to do a google search but gave up after seeing umpteen images and posts about the 'turducken' (the turkey, duck and chicken that is 'oh so popular right now for a meal)......

The reason I am asking is because today while out doing chores my Tom Turkey (Black Spanish Tom) was breeding with one of my Mascovy Hens.....He wasn't just trying...He wouldn't get off her til he was done. I tried to shoo him off, but nope he wouldn't get off her til all was said and done.....

If this is in the wrong section, could someone please move it for me, so as to hopefully get a few answers...
    Thanks
    Shawna

2. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    LOL, I can't respond further because I am laughing so hard but it is not what you think....

[​IMG]

3. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    turkeys will try to mate just about anything. they also can't stop once they get started. my tom mates 'nothing' if his lady of choice gets away.

4. Run-A-Muck Ranch

Quote:well I have seen him doing 'nothing' a few times, along with the tires to the motorhome...lol, but never one of my ducks before...

5. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    I think that's a food?? [​IMG]

theres naked necked chickens and they are pure bred chickens no species crossing involved [​IMG]

6. Run-A-Muck Ranch

Quote:oh yeah I know that one...that's the 'TurDuckEn" thing-a-ma-bob....
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

theres naked necked chickens and they are pure bred chickens no species crossing involved [​IMG]

7. Kev

Kev Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    That's how you get Muscovies...... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by