Turkey egg?

boxermom

Songster
10 Years
Feb 22, 2009
Spencer,IA
My BR's are 24 wks old. I have 3 Toms and 3 Hens. I have set the dogloo up in the barn for a nest area next Spring. One of my chicken hens was getting chased out of the nest boxes, so I put wood chips in the dog house so she could lay in there if she needed. I have since seen that chicken in the nest box. She layed a small egg. Today, DD found a rather large (jumbo by weight) "pointy" shaped brown egg in the dog house. I don't know what bourbon red eggs look like or what size they are. I have not seen any mating activities w/ the turks although the Toms strut all the time. Is this egg a turkey egg?

The egg on the left is the egg in question. The white egg is from my California White that has been laying since August. That egg is almost jumbo by weight. The other brown egg is a BO that is 26 wks.

Last edited:
I think that's just a chicken egg...

Turkey eggs are kinda that shape, but all the turkey eggs I've seen are whitish with brown speckles.

Turkeys don't lay any other colors, do they?

I agree with the other posters. I think its a chicken egg just a big one. My turkey eggs like the other poster said are white with brown specks
big_smile.png

Turkey egg on the left:

Cockegg2.jpg

To be absolutely sure, drop one (on occasion they `bounce' - tough eggs).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom