Turkey eggs help ASAP!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by RexDaRooster, Jun 17, 2019.

1. RexDaRooster

RexDaRooster Hatching

Jun 17, 2019
    Long story short I had a run in with a turkey nest and a tractor. 4 eggs are perfect. 4 have cracked shells but the membrane is fine. So I bought an incubator and put scotch tape on the cracked ones and they’ve been in there since Friday. Do the cracked ones have a chance? Or should I take them out? I was told they might explode? Anyways I candled the 4 good eggs and I saw movement! So what stage of life would this be so I know when to tell my incubator when to stop rotating the eggs?

Attached Files:

penny1960 and BirdsBeesTrees like this.
  2. sylviethecochin

sylviethecochin Free Ranging

Jun 14, 2017
    Central PA
    Welcome to BYC!

Those eggs look fairly young. I don't know Turkey eggs, but if they were duck eggs, I'd say a little less than two weeks old? More pictures would be helpful. And I'mma tag @Pyxis.

As for the scotch tape eggs; I'd take off the tape, disinfect the area on and right around the crack(a 1:10 bleach solution or an alcohol wipe would work) and cover with nail polish or superglue. EDT: and candle regularly to be sure they haven't died. They'll only explode if they go rotten. You should be able to tell pretty quickly if they've gone rotten, and the chick should die well before they're in danger of exploding.

Good luck with the peeps.

penny1960 likes this.
  3. RexDaRooster

RexDaRooster Hatching

Jun 17, 2019
    These are the only other two pictures I have

Attached Files:

sylviethecochin and penny1960 like this.
  4. penny1960

penny1960 Going back to La La Land

Dec 29, 2015
    Mossyrock, WA
    Wow how wonderful Welcome to Backyard Chickens hey as long as you able to candle you have great advice here best of luck

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: