1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

turkey eggs in the incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickenlittle32, Apr 19, 2009.

1. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    OK, so my first time using the incubator was not successful. I have a brower model 846. (very old) I put 12 eggs in there and none hatched. I now decided to try the turkey eggs, bc my hen stopped settin on them for some reason. Can anyone pleaase give me some pointers as to what I have to do exactly?

2. FLOWERPOT

FLOWERPOT Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    My turkey eggs just hatched this morning and last night.
    I hope someone can give better directions than I can, But I will try to give a few pointers, even though I am not familiar with that particular incubator.
    Turkey eggs take 28 days unlike chickens that only take 21.
    Ventilation seems to be important during the incubation period, if there are vent holes that you can open, make sure you do open them.
    Temperature is important... 99.5 for circulated air and 101 for still air incubators.
    Humidity is most important the last three days 65 is average.
    Make sure the eggs are turned at least 3 times a day till the last three days.

Like I said, someone else will probably chime in with better instructions, But good luck with the eggs!

3. chickenlittle32

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    Thanks for responding...I just want to make sure I do this right...

4. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    I just put some turkey eggs under my broody today.

I also have 6 more to put into the bator once my silkie eggs come out so I will be watching this thread for information It will be my first time with turkey eggs too.

5. chickenlittle32

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by