Turkey eggs incubation period when sat on before put in the incubator

boobeesiayngco

In the Brooder
Dec 11, 2020
Hi guys.

Kindly help me. The incubation period for turkey eggs is 28 days and the eggs must be transferred to the hatcher on the 25th day. Today, December 11, 2020, I discovered that my hen had already laid a clutch of eggs (12 eggs) and sat on them. I transferred the eggs into my incubator the same day I found them. The problem now is that I don’t know when to base my 28 days of incubation. Is it on the day that I transferred the eggs in the incubator or what? I also don’t know when my hen started sitting on her eggs. Thank you.

Hei 20

Free Ranging
Oct 8, 2020
Hi guys.

Kindly help me. The incubation period for turkey eggs is 28 days and the eggs must be transferred to the hatcher on the 25th day. Today, December 11, 2020, I discovered that my hen had already laid a clutch of eggs (12 eggs) and sat on them. I transferred the eggs into my incubator the same day I found them. The problem now is that I don’t know when to base my 28 days of incubation. Is it on the day that I transferred the eggs in the incubator or what? I also don’t know when my hen started sitting on her eggs. Thank you.
20201204_10372515.jpg

Top Bottom