Turkey eggs to trade for Standard BLRW eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Jeff9118, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Jeff9118

Jeff9118 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Greenup KY
    I really wanted Standard BLRW this year but zero of my 2 shipments of eggs hatched. A local bud of mine has graciously offered up some Turkey eggs to help me aquire some more BLRW eggs. The male is a mix but looks like a full Royal Palm only the size of a Bronze Tom. The 2 females he will collect eggs from are both bronze but may be able to include some eggs from his buff hen as well. He has had a great hatch rate with these Turkeys. I have 8 in the bator now and all are developing. We have been best buds for 17 years now and I will have no issues getting the eggs. He will start collecting tomarrow. 6 eggs are up for trade with maybe an extra or 2 to be shipped. Last year this mix produced mostly calico looking Turkeys with a few collored exactly like the Tom and a few that were full bronze in color. If you are interested, please let me know how many BLRW eggs up can offer up to trade.

2. Jeff9118

Feb 21, 2009
    Greenup KY
    I candled my 8 eggs last might and to my suprise they are all developing so they are fertile again this year. Is anyone interested?

3. Jeff9118

Feb 21, 2009
    Greenup KY
    Come on someone. Turkeys make great pets and are the perfect hawk deterrant. Plus you could always sell them. Adults sell really high in my area.

4. emmalynn

emmalynn Silkies Sebbies OEGBs

Oct 16, 2008
    Middle TN
    I would if I had the breed you were looking for. Don't give up someone has to want these.

5. Jeff9118

Feb 21, 2009
    Greenup KY
    Yea I'm not so sure but I think its a fair trade.

6. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

What breeds of chickens do you have?

7. Jeff9118

Feb 21, 2009
    Greenup KY
    I have several breeds but only a few roos. I have standard speckled sussex and standard buckeyes. I have more breeds but are to young to reproduce yet. I had predator issues(bobcat or young cougar) that were taking out 6-8 adult heavy breed chickens per night. One night I lost 11. All I had left last summer was 4 hens and one was a standard game I used for brooding purposes only and I am just now getting my flock back together and I rescued two very large dogs at the pound that have free range of the property and no issues now. Oh I also had 3 bantams left but mixed as they are project birds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by