Turkey eggs

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by greenpatch, Jan 3, 2010.

1. greenpatch

greenpatch Out Of The Brooder

Sep 6, 2009
    Greenfield
    Hi everyone. I`m still new to chickens and I really don`t know anything about turkeys, but are there no eggs anywhere for hatching. I have my incubator ready and would really like to try some turkey eggs. I`ve been reading and want to give it a try. So can anyone help me. Chris

2. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

[​IMG] There are a few turkey eggs on e-Bay, but most won't lay until spring.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2010
  3. lotzahenz

lotzahenz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Hi Chris, and Welcome. I just was browsing thru EBay and there are some Turkey eggs there. Not too many yet, but January seems to be when we all get antsy for summer and start thinking "chicks" so I am sure as the days get longer you will find more eggs to choose from. I myself may have some mixed breed turkey eggs this spring, my one poult is about 7 months old, she is Naragansette (sp?) and I have two male Royal Palms. You never know though, silly turkey prefers to roost in the top of our wooden swingset rather than safely locked in the henhouse. I keep thinking that frostbite will get that bald head.

My two Royal Palms came from a breeder on here (L&N) but they lost thier whole barn to fire. I don't think they are up and running again, maybe soon.

Good luck, I can't tell you how surprisingly happy I am that I got my first turkey. They are wonderful pets, I just don't know how anyone eats them, but then mine are not a bit mean, that does make them taste much better, when they are mean.

HenZ

4. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    Are you looking for pure or mixed? I am getting eggs right now...but they are mixed...

5. jenjscott

jenjscott Mosquito Beach Poultry

May 24, 2008
    Southeast Arkansas
    L&N is back up and running, I have seen their site, but don't know if they have any turkeys yet.. I am getting some eggs, but it has been cold enough to freeze them, so I would be afraid to invest money in them, besides, anybody shipping from a freezing area risks having the eggs freeze in the mail. If you're from a non freezing area, maybe there are some available from somewhere warmer. If this cold snap would break, I would have some mixed turkey eggs because I haven't separated mine yet, they are royal palm and bourbon red that run together.

6. greenpatch

greenpatch Out Of The Brooder

Sep 6, 2009
    Greenfield
    I really don`t care if they are mixed or pure. I just want to try it.

7. bigdawg

bigdawg AA Poultry

Jun 28, 2009
    middle tenn
    Quote:d

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  8. sandspoultry

sandspoultry Everybody loves a Turkey

Feb 10, 2008
    Eastern NC
    How many eggs are you looking for and where are you located? It's to cold to ship eggs to alot of the country now.

Sharon

9. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    If you are interested in mixed turkey eggs...feel free to pm me....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by