Turkey Feed

GarrettW

Chirping
Mar 23, 2021
I have been using MannaPro gamebird and showbird starter with 24% protein. For the first 5 weeks with standard bronze turkey poults. The bag says to use it until 15 weeks of age, but they go through a whole bag in a week and it's not cheap. Can I switch them off of this, and if so what should I put them on?

I have been using MannaPro gamebird and showbird starter with 24% protein. For the first 5 weeks with standard bronze turkey poults. The bag says to use it until 15 weeks of age, but they go through a whole bag in a week and it's not cheap. Can I switch them off of this, and if so what should I put them on?
I use a 28% protein turkey or game bird starter. It is recommended for the first 6 to 8 weeks. The recommendation is to follow that with a quality turkey or game bird grower (usually 24% protein) for the next 6 weeks. After that they can go on a quality adult feed.

Both the starter and grower that I use are sold in 50 lb. bags. I typically buy two 50 lb. sacks of starter each year and one sack of grower.

I would not use a 24% protein starter for turkey poults. If they skimp on the protein, which other nutrients are they skimping on?

Back
Top Bottom