1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Turkey Fights (pics)

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by ninjapoodles, Sep 28, 2008.

1. ninjapoodles

ninjapoodles Sees What You Did There

May 24, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    These are not the best pictures, but when it started happening, I didn't have the correct lens on, and they were in deep shade.

The fights have officially begun among the Narragansett Toms. This free-for-all scrap went on for about half an hour. The strutting and posturing was just ridiculous. I'm hoping we can get them to butchering day before they tear each other apart.

I stretch your face!
    [​IMG]

There are at least three separate fights going on here!
    [​IMG]

2. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    [​IMG] Crazy suckers!

3. mtnhomechick

mtnhomechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Mountain Home, AR
    Looks like the Hatfields and McCoys! [​IMG]

4. ninjapoodles

May 24, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    Aren't they ridiculous? I'm not getting too bent out of shape about it, because during daylight hours, they have 5 acres to move around in and get away from each other if they want. On this particular day, they got all worked up about something unusual (we were building something), started puffing and strutting, and that morphed into the squabbling.

5. mtnhomechick

Jun 27, 2008
    Mountain Home, AR
    WOW......been reading some of your posts...........you REALLY have the " FEVER " don't ya [​IMG]

6. ninjapoodles

May 24, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    Quote:Yeah, it's poultry central around here! [​IMG] You'll have to give me a holler if you ever come down to Little Rock for anything.

7. mtnhomechick

Jun 27, 2008
    Mountain Home, AR
    Sure will.........I would LOVE that.

8. wilds of pa

wilds of pa Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi do you have hens as well?? if its just males it may stop once the pecking order is settled, if there are hens, it will not stop in most cases unless you can get the hens out of there sight..

Just my 2 cents on it..

Charlie

Last edited: Sep 29, 2008
  9. ninjapoodles

May 24, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    Quote:Thanks, Charlie--yes, we have four hens and seven toms, at least until the end of November. I suppose we could pasture the toms with the horses, though I'm not sure how we'd ever catch them again. :eek: We were hoping to keep two toms back for breeding, but now we're thinking maybe we should just have one, no backup.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by