Turkey Got the Runs

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by nhcruffler, Sep 7, 2009.

1. nhcruffler

nhcruffler Out Of The Brooder

Jul 31, 2009
    Been searching and could not find what I need to know so here goes. I have two BB white turkeys that are ten weeks old. One has had runny poo for a week ( that I noticed). Its usually a dark green color. NOT yellow, clear or creamy. She ( ?) seems just fine otherwise. Very active , very vocal, loves to fly. She, Althea, is smaller than the other , Harry, who is a very healthy young tom. I am giving Althea some yogert.They are both on Blue Seal grower. Treats include grapes , crackers, toast and broken up dog biscuits. I let them free range as much as I can. Anything else I should be doing? Thanks, NH

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  2. S&SPoultryExchange

S&SPoultryExchange Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2009
    Concord, NC
    This maybe a stupid question but its really a very common looked over mistake. Have they been dewormed?

3. nhcruffler

nhcruffler Out Of The Brooder

Jul 31, 2009
    This is my first go around with turkeys and I did not even think about worming them. I will worm them both and hopefully that will take care of it. Thanks for the " obvious" advice. NH

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by