Turkey has decided to come in the house ...

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by erinszoo, Oct 21, 2011.

1. erinszoo

erinszoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    North Central Oklahoma
    Our turkey, who is allowed to free range the back yard along with our chickens, geese, and duck, has discovered that if she comes up to the back door she can see inside. Well our inside cats think it's fun to sit at the door and paw at her while she pecks away at them. [​IMG] It's rather amusing to watch.

However, yesterday, out of the blue, we opened the door to go outside and instead of walking off like she usually does, turkey marched right inside the house, through the utility room, and right into the kitchen. She then plopped down on the rug and talked to us just like she had been doing it everyday for her whole life. We just love this turkey!!!

2. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    [​IMG] awwwwwwww!!!!

3. Arielle

Arielle Chicken Obsessed

Feb 19, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
    Turkeys are special!

I like my chickens, but love the antics of the turkeys! My poults are still cooped at night in our country kitchen. At dusk they gather on the porch waiting for the door to open. Then troupe to their coop for the night.

When I'm outside doing chores I have a troupe following me! [​IMG]

4. jlbpooh

jlbpooh Out Of The Brooder

Oct 14, 2007
    Catawba, SC
    I know someone whose turkey hen steals clean laundry out of the laundry basket when she is hanging it. LOL

1 person likes this.
  5. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    That is so sweet! Let's see a pic! [​IMG]

6. silkymom1986

silkymom1986 The Silkie Villa

Sep 28, 2011
    Byhalia, MS
    [​IMG] that is too funny!!! Please take a pic, I bet that is adorable and priceless!!!

7. saoagn

saoagn Out Of The Brooder

Oct 25, 2011
    It's look like really funny, hahaha.

8. TheBoSoxBabeGoesCountry

TheBoSoxBabeGoesCountry Out Of The Brooder

Mar 5, 2011
    Little Rock
    hehehe, I have a few that do that too. And one hen who loves to come lay on the carpent mext to the dog, it is cute to come in from garding and see them both just napping like they had a long day. Enjoy it, I know I do.[​IMG]

9. erinszoo

erinszoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    North Central Oklahoma
    Sorry guys. She hasn't come inside again since I posted and I didn't take pics that day. I keep waiting for her to come in again so I can snap a few and post them. Since my husband decided that we weren't going to eat her this year and instead are going to find her a mate, hopefully I'll have more time to catch a few pics and get them posted. She really does have such a nice personality.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by