Turkey has something wrong with her foot (pictures) what to do?

Imapsychowhoa

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 6, 2010
My friend called me and wanted to know if i wanted a hen turkey because he didn't want it anymore i said ok because i had other turkeys. he brought it over and left it and i noticed there was something wrong with her foot. it's swollen and has a something like a scab in two places on the bottoms of her foot i tryed to soak it in warm water but the "scab" still won't come off Do you have any idea about what it is and how to help her?
59736_img_2910.jpg

59736_img_2909.jpg

Quote:
X 2 if you do a search on byc you will find lots of threads about how to treat this.

Thanks you are both right it does look like bumblefoot i found some stuff on how to cure it on another post

Hope this helps. There's a thread where a lady takes you step by step but I can't find it. Also I remember reading on a post about something you can soak the foot in once you remove the plug. It seems like the raptor keepers at the Zoos use it and I think it has something to do with fish aquariums. The bumblefoot is caused by staph so wear gloves when working with it. It's very common. My old roo had it several times.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=195545

Yike's I had one of my best roo's before with same problem.You might try a mix of sulpher powder.I Think I mixed 2.0z with a large jar of plain pet. jelly and try that for a couple week's.It's been a while since I treated him for that and it got better for a while but came back again.It work's good for leg mite problem's which We thought He had at first.I had a lady buy him and said she could fix it by actualy cutting the foot and extracting the I guess basicly the boil etc. in the foot.I So hated giving him up but I had over 200 bird's at that time and was working 10 hour night's.So far none of my bird's since have had anything like that.Maybe someone else has more experience with it.Let Us know how it goes.

OK I found the thread with the info on the fish product. It's called Tricide-Neo powder for fish, and you can find it at pet stores. I have never used it personally because I didn't know about it until after my last case of bumblefoot. There's a lot more info in the posts. If you've got the time you might want to read it because I don't know all the details to tell you.
Good luck!!!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=303829

Back
Top Bottom