Turkey Hatching Eggs

ShelterFarm

In the Brooder
7 Years
Sep 4, 2012
Clayton, Ohio
I will be hoping to set turkey eggs once my current group of chicks hatches. I will need them shipped to me in Ohio (45315) around the second week in October. Would like to know what anyone might have available at that time. look forward to hearing from you!

R

What kind of turkeys are you looking for? I don't have eggs, but I have some of this years hatch. I have a sweet grass Tom and 2hens, a red palm Tom and hen.

I live in Norton, Ohio.

If you don't find eggs and want a breeding trio, let me know.

Carmel

Thank you for the offer but I'm outside of Dayton - almost three hours away from you, otherwise I'd pick you up on your offer. It seems I may have missed the "season" for turkey eggs, so perhaps I'll just have to wait until next season.

I have white holland heritage turkey eggs available now. My flock has been laying since December and we've done one trial run of hatching eggs. We've had about 95% fertile so far. Just hatched out four babies from a set of 5 eggs (we were trying out a new bator) and just set a new batch of 25 eggs. We get 3 eggs a day. You can PM me for more info.

frow.gif
That's when everybody started to get eggs this year! We usually start getting eggs in February, here, but they are early this year. I have 13 hens and incubated the first 93, with 92 being fertile and 2 that died in the shell during incubation. I think that comes to about 99% fertility and 96% hatched! If you have eggs shipped, do not expect that hatch rate, because there are so many things, that can happen. The age of the eggs, type of incubator, handling during transit, weather and skills at hatching are just a few. I wrap each egg in bubble wrap and place them into a plastic goose egg carton before boxing them with Styrofoam, to hold the carton in place. That is why I sell in increments of 6: 6,12,18,24....... If you are interested in this breed, you can pm me. If other breeds, I can direct you to someone that sells most of the breeds of heritage.

I am looking for bronze turkey eggs in Ohio.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom