Turkey house any ideas???

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by farmgirlforever18, Jun 28, 2011.

1. farmgirlforever18

farmgirlforever18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2010
    Dublin TEXAS
    this is my plan for the turkey house

[​IMG]

I’m wanting to put a sun porch I have heard a lot of people don’t put there turkeys on the ground so they use a sun porch, but i don’t think they will get sick on the ground i mean wild ones do it so I’m going to have a sun porch so they can go out when it rains and they don’t get wet but can still go outside, I’m also going to put a run so they can go on the ground too

[​IMG]

This is going to be the floor on the sun porch and i figure its better then wood it won’t rot and the poop will just fall thru the cracks and I can spray it off if it needs it, does anyone have any ideas or suggestions or changes there welcome

Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  2. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    What age are you planning on putting your poults on the floor? I wouldn't be comfortable putting my poults on that floor. The opening are too far apart as far as I can see. Their little feet would have trouble trying to manuever that floor. My poults don't touch the ground until they are almost 12 weeks old. I dont' chance anything with poults.

3. farmgirlforever18

farmgirlforever18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2010
    Dublin TEXAS
    no there going to be kept in a pen off the ground for a few months this is for when there around 5-6 months of age

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by