Turkey laying season

poultryfan73

Songster
9 Years
Mar 10, 2010
Tioga County Pa
I have 5 turkeys currently 2 blue slate hens 2 blue slate toms and 1 bourbon red hen. When will they start breeding and laying eggs? And will the bue slate toms breed the bourbon red hen??

any tom will breed any hen. Generally turkey egg season is from spring to early summer. Some people have posted that their turkeys were laying in December. My Bourbon Reds have been laying for a couple weeks, the midget whites, not yet. They are in identical coops and feed, right next to each other. The MW hatched a month earlier.
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:
Laying season is now. My turkeys have started laying eggs. I found 5 turkey eggs. The only thing is that my turkeys are not setting on the eggs. I will have to sneak the turkey eggs under my goose that is currently sitting on eggs.

Okay so any week day or month from now i should start getting eggs? Will they sit on eggs after they get a clutch of eggs? Should i make a nesting mox in the corner? If so how big should i make it and what should it look like??

I gave mine a medium sized dog crate, and they don't like it. They are laying in the dirt. I am going to put a big plastic dog house in there today and hopefully they will use that.

Are the good parents??

Some are, some arent. I can't wait for my new hen (just under a year old) to start laying!! She is new so she doesnt think the barn is safe so she needs a few weeks to settle in. I can't wait!​

Quote:
Some are, some arent. I can't wait for my new hen (just under a year old) to start laying!! She is new so she doesnt think the barn is safe so she needs a few weeks to settle in. I can't wait!

Good luck hopefully she starts laying for you soon!

Back
Top Bottom