Turkey leg issues, advice?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by thndrdancr, Feb 15, 2009.

1. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    I was going to keep this turkey, but we live in the city and she just didnt have enuff room to roam.

I gave her to a really wonderful gal that has an acre outside a small town and they get to free range quite a lot during the day, so she is sooo much happier.

Thing is, she has developed a leg issue, I think its been a slow thing over time. I have read bout this a little. I cant get any close ups, as she is not mine anymore, this is just pics I got from the gal that has her now. She is a beauty tho, but I am not partial. [​IMG]

Her hatchmate had a bit of a leg prob when he was very tiny, I gave him extra B vitamins and it totally went away. I am wondering if this is what she needs, altho I know as old as she is now, its probably permanent?

Can anyone give me a prognosis and would B vitamins help her at this point. She was a July hatch, so is fairly young yet, but she she eats hearty! [​IMG] Or anything that might help her?? Please?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    thanks much

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by