1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Turkey Lovebirds

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by alphawolf, Aug 26, 2013.

1. alphawolf

alphawolf New Egg

Sep 15, 2012
    Hello Everyone
    Am still new to this turkey thing, but have learned a lot from all of you on this site. I have another question, hope someone can answer for me. I was out with my Bourbon Red tom and hen, looked around and he was doing his thing. Isn't kind of late in the year for this?

Will my hen be laying another clutch of eggs? Sorry for the dumb question, but am curious about this. Any info will be appreciated. Thank You

2. chicken pickin

chicken pickin Overrun With Chickens

Mar 3, 2012
    My Turkeys were still mating up until 2 weeks ago but then my hens went broody so the toms are going solo right now. Im not sure if the hens will continue to lay or not. Im not counting on my hens resuming egg laying after they(hopefully[​IMG])hatch their very small clutch.

3. Celie

Celie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2012
    Tickfaw, Louisiana
    It depends on your part of the country. After their laying season, turkeys molt, take a rest period and start laying again about the same time they laid the season, the year before.
    Here in Southeastern Louisiana, my turkeys are laying sporadically and should stop next month and start laying again in December, but we have a long laying season, because of location and weather, the season is shorter , the further North you go!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by