Turkey Pictures please!!!

84chevy

Hatching
7 Years
Feb 3, 2012
im trying to decide what breed i should get and i just want to get a feel for as many as i want. so please post pictures of ur turkeys so i can see which ones are the nicest looking, and please give a explanation of their tempermant. thank you

I have Royal Palm turkeys. Ours are pretty docile but mine have been raised with my kids who hold and play with them often. I think they are beautiful!

Last edited:
Hello

I am interested in this thread too. I would love to get started in turkeys this year. The pictures are gorgeous. Could you also explain why you picked this breed? How big they get? And if they taste good?

Thanks so much
Alice

Didn't mean to hijack the thread.

16 Midget white eggs in the incubator, picked these up from a local person who had her flock for 5 years now, adults look very healthy, and to standard. wish me luck !!!

Last edited:
I just saw them and thought they were beautiful. However, I wanted the Royal Palm's but couldn't find anyone around me that was selling them. So I went with the Narragansett's. My big boy is 9 months and he weighs about 20 pounds. As far as taste I don't know yet b/c I haven't killed one yet.

Here are pics of some of my Bourbon Reds. They are VERY well mannered birds. NEVER aggressive towards humans but will attack and run crows away and will round up a loose guinea. (see link at bottom) In the event, there is trouble, they will sound off and all will come running to see what's going on and take care of the problem. They do work as a TEAM!

Click on this link for more pics and a story. :)

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...ys-aka-animal-control-pics-and-story-included

Last edited:

Bronze Breasted. They were the only turkeys available when I was interested. The goats are Nigerian Dwarfs and full grown in this pic so that would make the turkey about 25 pounds. He's territorial but very helpful as a watch "dog" for the chickens. I'm very pleased with him and our two hens lay beautiful eggs.

thanks so much, please keep posting pictures, so far i really like the Bourbon Reds, they look awsome, does anybody know of really good broody turkeys? im just horrible at incubator stuff since im not home very much, so i let all my animals hatch on their own, well my chickens dont, my ducks hatch their eggs, i love breeding my animals, hopefully my goats are next, thanks

Back
Top Bottom