Turkey poult; drooping wings and tremors.need advice

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by das fisch, Oct 15, 2013.

1. das fisch

das fisch Out Of The Brooder

Mar 31, 2009
    southern Maine
    We have about a flock of eight 10 week old turkey poults (with hen) that are very energetic. Yesterday one poult developed a symptom of drooping wings and what appears to be muscle tremors in the wings. It is eating, drinking, energetic, etc. I have isolated it from the others.
    Is this early signs of Blackfoot, cocci, etc? I'm not sure. The droppings are not "sulphur" colored as described with cocci, but darker and not bloody.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. We lost the big Tom to what I think is heart related and don't want to lose any more.

2. Celie

Celie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2012
    Tickfaw, Louisiana
    What breed ? Are they Heritage, wild, mixed with BB? what other symptoms? Can you post pictures? Can it be genetic?

3. das fisch

Mar 31, 2009
    southern Maine
    Sorry. They are narragansetts. No other real symptoms. Head is not dropping or withdrawn, mature feathers growing in. One thing is the second joints on the wings are very exposed, so much so that I thought there were compound fractures, but they are not.
    What I believe is a Tom is segregated at this point and very active to get back with the flock. No abnormal vocalizations. Going to get him on an anti-parasitic[​IMG]

4. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    If he were mine I would treat for blackhead and coccidiosis.

-Kathy

5. das fisch

Mar 31, 2009
    southern Maine
    After isolating I treated him and the others with wazine. Still doing ok, energetic seems to be eating and drinking and the others aren't showing signs. Keeping my fingers crossed!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by