1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Turkey poult with wry neck and strange scab...

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by Monfortfamily, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Monfortfamily

Monfortfamily In the Brooder

May 24, 2015
    This is our first year with turkeys. We got 3 BBB that are prob about 10 weeks right now. I'm thinking we have 2 Tom's and 1 hen. A week or so ago the hen started showing signs of wry neck, and I thought it was in part due to a respiratory infection. So, I started giving her vitamin E, poly vi sol and tylan 50. I did all 2x a day.. The tylan for 5 days, and I'm still doing the vitamins. She seems to have slight improvement with the neck, but when I was holding her I felt a rough spot on her breast where I had done the tylan injections. Upon further inspection I found that there was a large area on her breast that looks like a big scab.

When I gave her the injections I alternated sides of the breast, and only injected right under the skin-not into the muscle.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there anything I can do, or just hope it heals? I will add pics when I go out for her nighttime dose of vitamins.

2. Monfortfamily

Monfortfamily In the Brooder

May 24, 2015
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here are some photos of the scab, and I tried to get one to show the wry neck, but she didn't want to cooperate!

Any help/advice would be much appreciated!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by