Turkey problem

Rachel92

In the Brooder
Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping for a answer my two males have been doing fine till the one morning I came out and my one gobbler seemed down and sorta white but he eats and he only gobbled once and is not strutting.. Like he has been and every morning since I wipe his eyes cause he has white gunk above his eye I try to get him to gobble but he gets a little color but then that's it... Its not bird flu I never had a issue with that he is not swollen or have purplish feet could it be something happened with the other male and he lost his spunk.... The picture That is my two males last week and now one is strutting the other is not.. x

Attachments

• 20180211_152512.jpg
    20180211_152512.jpg
    511.5 KB · Views: 9
I was hoping for a answer my two males have been doing fine till the one morning I came out and my one gobbler seemed down and sorta white but he eats and he only gobbled once and is not strutting.. Like he has been and every morning since I wipe his eyes cause he has white gunk above his eye I try to get him to gobble but he gets a little color but then that's it... Its not bird flu I never had a issue with that he is not swollen or have purplish feet could it be something happened with the other male and he lost his spunk.... The picture That is my two males last week and now one is strutting the other is not.. x
Yes that would be the normal results if one tom beat the other tom especially if the tom that lost had previously been the top tom. It is breeding season and toms do fight whether you are there to see it or not.

He might possibly have a respiratory disease if he has any pus or swelling of the eyelids, sneezing, or gasping. MG is common in turkeys, and symptoms can be treated with Tylan 200 given orally or by injection. Dosage is 1/4 ml per each 5 pounds of weight twice a day for 5 days.
You may want to give him some water with some electrolytes or NutriDrench. If he acts like he is cold try to keep him warm.

[QUOTE="R2elk,
Is there a way to bring back his spunk its upsetting to see him like this.

[QUOTE="R2elk,
Is there a way to bring back his spunk its upsetting to see him like this.
The only way that I know is to separate the toms into areas where they cannot see each other and provide them with their own hens.

A dominant tom that loses his ranking can suffer severe depression. His failure to strut and gobble is just his attempts to not draw attention and the wrath of the other tom to himself. As long as he is eating and drinking he will be okay.

Back
Top Bottom