Turkey raising chicks?

The Prairie

Songster
Oct 14, 2018
My heritage blue turkey hen is setting on an unknown number of eggs. What I can see about half are hers which are not possibly fertile as I got rid of my mature tom a couple months ago. The other half appear to be some of my chickens eggs. I can't get to her where she is and she hasn't been off when I've been around. If she does set this clutch, and they make it, has anyone ever seen a heritage turkey raise chicken chicks? Lol

My heritage blue turkey hen is setting on an unknown number of eggs. What I can see about half are hers which are not possibly fertile as I got rid of my mature tom a couple months ago. The other half appear to be some of my chickens eggs. I can't get to her where she is and she hasn't been off when I've been around. If she does set this clutch, and they make it, has anyone ever seen a heritage turkey raise chicken chicks? Lol
You do know that a chicken can fertilized turkeys and vice-versa

There's zero possibility any if her eggs are fertile, I have an immature tom that has no idea what ladies are and got rid of my mature tom a few months ago, so I guess I'm kinda glad they're duds because maybe they wont be soso bad by the time the chicken eggs hatch 🤢

So she sat and sat on half her eggs and half chicken, nothing hatched. So then she started a second nest next to it, assumed she was abandoning the bad for new eggs, all chicken this time. She proceeded to bounce from one nest to the other and still hasnt hatched anything. This morning she's in the coop away from her nests and trying to set a completely different freshly laid egg nest... i kicked her out but she's headed back for her old nests. Can you give a Turkey day old poluts? Or chicks? I need this bird to simmer down!

Back
Top Bottom