Turkey roosts

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by michael94, Aug 23, 2007.

1. michael94

michael94 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 5, 2007
    Can someone tell me what kind of roost do a couple of turkeys need? I know they like to roost up high, like in a tree limb but I need to know what roosts I can use in a Pen.:|

2. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

I'll tell you the best roost that I use and have used for years. I go out in the yard and find a fallen limb about the size of my arm and put it in the corner of whatever they are in. If it is chain link you can wedge it in there pretty snug, if it is a house you can just cut you a couple of pieces of 2x4 or whatever and cut a V in them and put it on there, whatever you need. Plus it is free.

3. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

We are currently building our Turkey coop, aka: Eden.....for our royal Palm pair..aka: Adam and Eve. ( I know, corny) [​IMG]
    Anyhow.....we are putting up a 7 ft high chain link fence.....and topping it with 1 inch diameter chicken fence. Thier yard will hae a brush pile in there, nothing too big, but IF she wants to go broody next spring, she will have a "natural place to go" I also plan to give them a roost...about 4 ft off the ground out in the yard....made with tree limbs. Inside Eden, there will be a more sturdy 2x4 roost about 4 ft from the floor.As we go, I will get pics...hopefully we can get it finished enough to get them moved in the next week....weather permitting! ITS HOT!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by