Turkey sleeping and gaping mouth

cmobley

Crowing
9 Years
Mar 4, 2015
saraland alabama
This jake seems to have no energy and sleeps alot during the day. It does this swallowing thing sometimes like it gagging then it'll open its mouth wide open. Just kinda stands around from spot to spot by itself.
20211121_093258.jpg

Just felt for impacted crop didn't feel anything odd it pooped looks like regular poop nothing odd or weird. It's pecking around here and there eating then just stopping and sleeping. Still doing the mouth thing opening and closing mouth

He was still kinda acting the same maybe up eating and walking a little more seems to be keeping one eye closed at times. Still doin the gagging looking thing but still normal regular poops. I plan on culling him soon if he don't cull himself.

Turkey was acting the same way a few days ago we left for the weekend got back today he was no different I tried vet rx to see if it was maybe breathing problems added poultry cell to their water all the other birds acting fine and better and he was still sluggish and droopy so I decide for the sake of my flock I better take him out. Got him cut open showing my little boy how all the organs work I cut his gizzard open and found a rubber stopper in there. He was still eating and pooping fine so I dunno if this had anything to do with the way he was acting or not.
20211205_121820.jpg

Back
Top Bottom