Turkey started randomly gasping

Jess3713

Hatching
Aug 22, 2020
I have two turkeys that I keep with my chickens. My white turkey named Chicken just randomly started gasping while I was cleaning the coop today. We didn’t see any obstructions when we checked him. Thought maybe he was developing a respiratory infection so I gave him some antibiotics and some water. Left went to the store got more stuff to treat the flock just Incase since I’ve lost a few new baby chicks this week as well. When we got home he was already gone. I don’t think he had whatever the baby’s had because of how quick he went. I was wondering one what could have happened my boyfriend thinks he choked I think maybe a gapeworm. And if he was choking what can I do if it ever happens to another bird?

I am sorry you lost him.

Did you check to see if the symptoms match black head? If so, you need to raise the turkeys away from the chickens

No signs of black head. I’m gonna make a separate spot for my other turkey she’s not showing any signs and I’ve dewormed all my birds and gave them something to help prevent pathogens and all of them are doing amazing except the silkie she thinks she’s a turkey they became friends and have been side by sudden since the other turkey died.

No signs of black head. I’m gonna make a separate spot for my other turkey she’s not showing any signs and I’ve dewormed all my birds and gave them something to help prevent pathogens and all of them are doing amazing except the silkie she thinks she’s a turkey they became friends and have been side by sudden since the other turkey died.
It is a mystery for sure!

I hope she stays healthy.

Back
Top Bottom