Turkey Tractors

Jared77

Songster
9 Years
Apr 27, 2010
Howell, MI
Anybody have any info on roughly how many turkeys in a tractor? I'm looking to do a few next year and wasnt sure how many I could put in an 8 x 8 or 8 x 12 tractor.

Thanks

Quote:
That depends on the size of the tractor, the quality/density of the pasture, and how often you plan to move the tractor.

I had my 7 BBW's in an 8 x 12 hoop coop. This worked fine up until about the last two weeks of 19. The last two weeks - in order to not be laying in total nastiness - they had to be moved every day. I had a very dense CRP pasture to move them around in so it was fairly hardy. There was still greens after a day - just a lot of turkey poo that I preferred they didn't have to lay in. At the end the 8 by 12 was a little small for 7 BBW's (at least in my estimation of the room they had and the "comfort" I wished to afford them.) Do I think they were at all disturb by the other birds in their coop or the poo? No - but I was
smile.png
Hope that helps.

Jenny

They should free range pretty well. Build them a decent run and let them out for a few hours every day. My BBB's return to the run every night.

I have 25 in a 10 by 10 tractor. I won't put that many in again. I would say 20 is the max for moving once a day (two times the last two weeks).

Barry

I've got five White Midget hens and a tom in a hoop style tractor measuring roughly 8x8. Might could go with six hens. It's moved every day. They are breeder birds so they've been in there for over a year now and doing well.

Back
Top Bottom