Poultry finder

Chirping
5 Years
Jun 1, 2016
Montana
Hi,
I have a turkey it is only about 5 months old and it has some type of mass on its neck. It is in with other turkeys and other species of animals and nobody else has this problem. It developed pretty fast, it is a hard large mass on the right side of his neck. It looks like it is hard for him to breath, he is drooling ad he is scrunching up his neck and not being very active. I punctured the mass to see if anything would come out and very little did. I felt his chest and compared it to another turkey the same age and it almost feels like he has had nothing to eat (which is unlikely because i have seen him eating) or he doesn't have a crop. Does anybody know what this could be or what it is cause by?

I cant really take a picture of it because it is hidden by feathers and very hard to see. The only way i found it was because he was acting weird so i was basically feeling the turkey everywhere.

Today i re-examined the turkey an the mass on his neck is gone but now there is a mass in its throat high up and it is having worse restricted breathing. Could it be something with the lymph nodes thymus?

Back
Top Bottom