Turkey with Eye problem

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by Willie, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Willie

Willie Out Of The Brooder

Aug 17, 2010
    Spring brook Pa.
    I have problem with my narragansett Tom I have been giving him baytril from the vet for the past 7 days and I do not see any difference with swelling under his Eyes. The hen has been sneezing she had the same problem with her Eyes but it cleared up,what else can I do ?

They are drinking and eating.We have been cleaning there faces and beaks .Any Solution?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

3. Willie

Aug 17, 2010
    Spring brook Pa.
    The hen has had Nasal discharge, Her eyes looked the same but not as bad, But she is still sneezing. But her eyes has cleared up. I am not sure what it is but is does not sound good ,should they be destroyed ? Because I do not want my other flock to get it. from what I am understanding what the Link says it is.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  4. Willie

Aug 17, 2010
    Spring brook Pa.
    Well Steve from what I read from your link. it don't sound good. I just got this pair from someone about a week and a half ago, And he had it then and told me to treat it with Duramycin-10 which everyone was out of then I read about using baytril< which I went and got off my vet. At first I put it in there water which looked like it wasn't working, And after I just opened there mouth and feed it to them. Then hen showed improvement but not the tom. I been keeping them away from my chickens as I didn't want it to spread to them.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  5. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by