Turkey with nodules on face

Coffeebean1947

Songster
Aug 25, 2018
My flock has recently had dry pox. I lost one younger hen. One of my turkeys seems unaffected, but the other has huge nodules on his face that continue to grow. I'm assuming it's pox, but I feel so sorry for this baby :( vet is not an option right now.
20190903_123435(0).jpg
20190903_123441.jpg

He isn't exactly a chick Lol but I think he is just miserable and misses his sister. I whistle back to him a couple times and he calms down. He also likes his neck and chest rubbed. He is definitely my baby. That's why I'm so worried about him.

Any suggestions on getting food and water down him? It's a daily struggle. He eats and drinks a little on his own. His eyes began bubbling up and his breathing to rattle so I started him on corid and that is looking better.
Corid (amprolium) is a treatment for coccidiosis and will not do anything for fowl pox. The only recommended treatment that I came across is to get a veterinarian to prescribe antibiotics to prevent secondary respiratory infections.

https://www.backyardchickencoops.com.au/blogs/learning-centre/taking-the-pain-out-of-fowl-pox

If it's pox, why is he still getting worse? It breaks my heart, but is it kinder to cull at this point? I can tell he is in a lot of pain.
20190906_233344.jpg

Any suggestions on getting food and water down him? It's a daily struggle. He eats and drinks a little on his own. His eyes began bubbling up and his breathing to rattle so I started him on corid and that is looking better.

Back
Top Bottom